Mold & Mildew in Murrieta
Although both are types of fungi, SERVPRO of Murrietawants to point out some differences between mold and mildew. Some kinds of fungi are okay, like mushrooms (if you like mushrooms). Some kinds of fungi are definitely not okay, like athlete’s foot. Molds can be useful: penicillin, anyone? Mildew is never useful.
Murrieta residents can educate themselves about mold and mildew.
Mold/Mildew What it looks like:
- Usually fuzzy
- May be brown, yellow, gray, black, white, green, or blue
- Usually grows in a flat pattern
- May look powdery or downy
- Powdery mildew usually starts out white, & often turns yellow, brown, or black
- Downy mildew usually starts out yellow, then turns brown.