Murrieta Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Murrieta will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (951) 894-4392
For Immediate Service in Murrieta, Call SERVPRO
SERVPRO of Murrieta provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Murrieta. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (951) 894-4392
Whether your Murrieta home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Murrieta commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services: https://www.SERVPROmurrieta.com/commercial-restoration-cleaning
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Murrieta Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Murrieta for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Murrieta specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (951) 894-4392
Faster to your Murrieta Water Damage Event
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Murrieta provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Murrieta arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (951) 894-4392
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Murrieta
SERVPRO of Murrieta specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
SERVPRO and the Red Cross team up to prepare communities and businesses for disasters
If you are not aware of the Ready Rating™ program, it is a free, web-based program developed to help businesses, schools and organizations plan and prepare for disasters and emergencies.
Unfortunately, Up to 40% of businesses don’t survive disasters, with 80% going out of business, if not back up within a month. SERVPRO would like to help increase the odds and has supported the Red Cross for over 3 years; our donations to the organization to date exceed one million dollars.
Benefits of the Ready Rating™ program include:
• 123 Assessment that assesses possible threats and their possible impacts
• Ready Rating Scorecard that provides current readiness levels
• Ready Rating Next Steps Report that provides customized recommendations and a ranking of implementation actions, according to resources required
• Emergency Response Plan to outline steps to take before, during and after an emergency
• Additional assessments, tools and resources developed by Red Cross experts
Your business or organization can join now at ReadyRating.org, and if you are in need of emergency water or fire help please call SERVPRO of Murrieta at (951)894-4392.
Water damage tips to reduce damage to your home
Kitchen ceiling with sagging from water damage
A water damage can be devastatingly stressful to a homeowner. You can feel helpless and overwhelmed. Although calling a professional is the first step we always recommend, there are some things you can do to help reduce the damage while you wait for professionals to arrive.
- Shut off the water source if possible
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the home or building
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping or blotting with towels
- Remove lamps and other tabletop items and wipe wood furniture with a towel
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying
- Place foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet flooring
- Remove any paintings, electronics or anything else that is sensitive to moisture and put in a dry area of the house
Taking the above steps can really help decrease the amount of damage to your home after a water leak. There are also a few practices that you should avoid after a water damage, because they can cause more damage or harm to yourself or your family.
- Enter rooms with standing water where electric shock hazard may exist, such as when electric outlets, switches or circuit breakers are exposed to water
- Leave books, newspapers or other colored items on wet carpet or furniture
- Leave wet oriental rugs or other colored rugs on carpeting
- Use household vacuum cleaner to remove water because risk of electric shock
- Use TV’s or other electrical appliances while standing on wet floor
- Turn on ceiling fan in rooms where the ceiling is wet
- Enter a room where ceiling is wet and sagging
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily throughout the house
- Use personal fans if the water in the home is contaminated
The most important “do” is to call a professional, trained water mitigation specialist such as SERVPRO of Murrieta at (951)894-4392.
Protect your home from flood damage this winter
Fema Flood Insurance Flyer
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration predicts that rainfall could be extremely heavy this year due to El Nino. This could lead to devastating floods. The 1997 El Nino storms caused an estimate $550 million dollars in flooding damage statewide.
SERVPRO of Murrieta is encouraging Murrieta homeowners to stay safe and try to reduce damage to their property as much as possible. Here are some tips that can help
· Review your current homeowners insurance policy and become familiar with what is and is not covered, as damage due to flooding is typically not covered.
· Call your insurance agent to purchase flood insurance for your home (and business) and its contents.
· Make a flood plan and plan evacuation routes.
· Itemize and take pictures of possessions.
· Keep valuable items and family heirlooms on the upper floors of your home or building.
· Clear debris from gutters and downspouts.
· Move furniture, valuables, and important documents to a safe place.
· Create a safety kit with drinking water, canned food, first aid, blankets, a radio, and a flashlight.
· Post emergency telephone numbers by the phone and teach your children how to dial 911.
· Plan and practice a flood evacuation route with your family.
· Have a plan to protect your pets.
If you do experience water damage in your home, please call an expert as soon as possible to dry the area to prevent secondary damage, such as mold.
SERVPRO of Murrieta has emergency crews that are ready to respond 24/7. Call (951) 894-4392.
Homeowners may want to consider flood insurance this winter
Neighborhood flooded after heavy rain
As water damage restoration professionals, one of the most difficult parts of our SERVPRO technician’s job is encountering a customer who has damage that is not covered by their insurance. Unfortunately, some insurance companies do not do a good job of explaining what type of losses homeowner’s insurance covers.
One of the most frequent coverage issues we run into is outside flooding. Most homeowners insurance policies do not cover flood water that comes from outside, into a home. For this type of loss, you will need to purchase a separate flood policy.
With El Nino quickly approaching, it’s time for homeowners in Murrieta, Hemet and Sun City to decide if they could be in an area where flooding could occur. Flood policies take 30 days to go into affect, so don’t put it off any longer.
For information on flood insurance you can visit www.FloodSmart.gov, and if you do have flooding in your home, please call the helpful professionals at SERVPRO of Murrieta at (951)894-4392 or visit www.SERVPROMurrieta.com.
House fire dangers increase during the holiday season
Kitchen fire damage
Cooking fires are one of the leading causes of fire in a home, and the three most common days for these fires to occur are Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas. Fires due to candles also increase in December, according to the National Fire Prevention Association.
SERVPRO of Murrieta wants to encourage homeowners to take extra care by not leaving candles or stoves burning unattended.
If you do experience fire damage in your home, there are some things you can do to limit the damage after the fire is safely put out.Limit the movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and clothingPlace dry colorfast towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.Wipe soot from chrome kitchen and bathroom faucets trim and appliances then protect these surfaces with a light covering of lubricantChange the HVAC filter, but leave the system off until it can be inspectedDon’t attempt to wash any walls, surfaces or upholstery without contacting a fire restoration specialist. Don’t turn on ceiling fixture if the ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and can cause electrical shock, and air movement may create secondary damage.
SERVPRO of Murrieta wishes you a safe and joyous holiday season! We have emergency crews ready for any size fire damage. Please call (951) 894-4392.