If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (951) 894-4392

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

House fire dangers increase during the holiday season

11/12/2015 (Permalink)

Fire Damage House fire dangers increase during the holiday season Kitchen fire damage

Cooking fires are one of the leading causes of fire in a home, and the three most common days for these fires to occur are Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas. Fires due to candles also increase in December, according to the National Fire Prevention Association.

SERVPRO of Murrieta wants to encourage homeowners to take extra care by not leaving candles or stoves burning unattended. 

If you do experience fire damage in your home, there are some things you can do to limit the damage after the fire is safely put out.

  • Limit the movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and clothing
  • Place dry colorfast towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
  • Wipe soot from chrome kitchen and bathroom faucets trim and appliances then protect these surfaces with a light covering of lubricant
  • Change the HVAC filter, but leave the system off until it can be inspected
  • Don’t attempt to wash any walls, surfaces or upholstery without contacting a fire restoration specialist. 
  • Don’t turn on ceiling fixture if the ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and can cause electrical shock, and air movement may create secondary damage.
  • SERVPRO of Murrieta wishes you a safe and joyous holiday season! We have emergency crews ready for any size fire damage. Please call (951) 894-4392.

    Other News

    View Recent Posts