Heating Safety Tips for Murrieta Hot Springs Residents?
Our Murrieta team has been restoring fire damage in Murrieta Hot Springs for years. Fire damage can happen at any time and for many reasons. This time of the year, heating equipment is a leading cause of home fires. Here are some heating safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Never use your oven to heat your home
- Have a qualified professional install stationary space heating equipment, water heaters, or central heating equipment according to the local codes and manufacturer’s instructions
- Have heating equipment and chimneys cleaned and inspected every year by a qualified professional
- Remember to turn portable heaters off when leaving the room or going to bed
- Always use the right kind of fuel, specified by the manufacturer, for fuel-burning space heaters
- Make sure the fireplace has a sturdy screen to stop sparks from flying into the room. Ashes should be cool before putting them in a metal container. Keep the container a safe distance away from your home.
- Install wood-burning stoves following the manufacturer’s instructions or have a professional do the installation. All fuel-burning equipment should be vented to the outside to avoid carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
- Install and maintain CO alarms to avoid the risk of CO poisoning. Do not light the appliance if you smell gas in your gas heater. Leave the home immediately and call your local fire department or gas company.
Call Us Today!
When your home or business in Murrieta Hot Springs has fire damage, our local team in Murrieta is Here to Help.® We’ll restore your fire, smoke, and soot damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 951-894-4392.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.