What Can I Do to Avoid Water Damage in Murrieta?
Our team in Murrieta responds to water damage emergencies every year in Murrieta. Although water damage can strike at any time, some things can be done to minimize the chances of it happening by doing a routine inspection of your home’s plumbing system. Here are some helpful tips from the Insurance Information Institute to keep your home protected from unwanted water:
Maintain Your Indoor Plumbing Systems
Take the time to learn and understand your indoor plumbing systems. For instance, knowing the main water shut-off valve in your home and how to shut the water supply off can eliminate stress and save money on costly repairs and time.
- Inspect appliance hoses and faucets. Make it a practice every year to check hoses leading to water heaters, dishwashers, washing machines, and refrigerator ice makers.
- You may also want to invest in a water leak monitoring and shut-off system that can alert you to any leakage issues. Immediately replace any hoses that have cracks or leaks, and replace them every five to seven years.
- Inspect the seal and caulking around showers and tubs to make sure they are watertight. Reseal them if necessary.
- Shut off the washing machine while away on vacation
- Check plumbing and heating pipes for cracks and leaks. If you see visible signs of wear, have these repairs made immediately.
Call Us Today!
When you discover water damage in your Murrieta home or commercial business, our local team in Murrieta is always Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your water damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 951-894-4392.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.