Wildfire Prevention Tips For Murrieta Residents?
Last year firefighters responded to over 8,619 wildfires that burned over 2.6 million acres in California. The Riverside County website shares helpful information about preparing your home for wildfires. Our local team in Murrieta responds to fire damage emergencies every year. Here are some fire prevention tips from Riverside County:
Maintaining Your Property
- Mow regularly
- Create a defensible space around homes near wildland areas
- Make sure fire trucks can get to your house and outbuildings in an emergency
- Regularly inspect your chimney, and make sure it has a spark screen that is in good working condition
- Stack firewood at least 100 feet away from your home, preferably uphill
Using Outdoor Equipment Properly
- Ensure equipment is used properly and in proper working order. Be aware of spark potentials (e.g., Mower blades striking rocks, overheating motor, etc.)
Be Prepared to Put Out a Small Fire
- Have at least two ways to put out a fire while doing anything that could result in a fire (driving, mowing, etc.)
- Know who to call if a fire starts and cannot be controlled quickly
Call Us Today!
When your Murrieta home or business has a fire damage emergency, our local team in Murrieta is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 951-894-4392.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.