Kids Starting Fires in Murrieta?
Our Murrieta team restores fire damage in Murrieta “Like it never even happened.” Each year thousands of fires are started by kids playing with fire. The National Fire Protection Association offers these tips for preventing children from playing with fire:
- Keep matches and lighters out of the reach of children, up high, preferably in a locked cabinet
- Closely supervise children, making sure that they are kept away from other fire sources, including lit candles, cigarettes, bonfires, and stoves
- Explain that fire moves very fast and can hurt as soon as it touches them. Tell them that this is why matches and lighters are tools for adults only.
- Teach young children never to touch matches or lighters. They must tell a grown-up when matches or lighters are found.
- Establish clear rules and consequences about unsupervised and unauthorized uses of fire
- Be a good example! Always use fire sources — matches, lighters, candles, fireplaces, and campfires — in a safe manner. Never treat them as toys, or children may imitate you.
- Talk with children about what their friends or other children are doing with fire. What do they see online in video games, TV, movies, and social media? Teach them specific ways to resist the peer pressure to misuse fire.
- Give praise for showing respect and age-appropriate responsible behavior toward fire
When your Murrieta home or commercial business has fire damage, our local team in Murrieta is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 951-894-4392.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.