What Can I Do If My Floor Floods in Murrieta Hot Springs?
When you find yourself facing a flooded floor in your Murrieta Hot Springs home, there are things you can do to mitigate the damage while waiting for help to arrive. Here are some water damage emergency tips from our Murrieta team's website:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpets or floors
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don't use television or other household appliances
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
When your Murrieta Hot Springs home or business has a water damage emergency, our local team in Murrieta is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 951-894-4392.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.