Outdoor Electrical Safety Tips for Murrieta?
Murrieta residents spend a lot of time outdoors during the year. Our team in Murrieta offers these tips from the National Fire Protection Association for outdoor electrical safety:
Outside Electrical Work
- Have a qualified electrician do all electrical work
- To prevent an electrical shock, make sure all your outside electrical receptacles are ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) protected
- Have a professional tree cutting service trim any branches that might fall into electric wiring
- Use lighting and power tools that are listed by a qualified test laboratory and make sure they are made for outdoor use
- Store your electrical tools indoors
- Keep electric tools away from children
- Keep the area around your electric meter and other electrical equipment clean
- Check lighting and extension cords for damage before using. Replace any damaged cords right away.
- Use extension cords that are listed by a qualified test laboratory and are marked for outdoor use.
- Extension cords are not meant for long-term use
When your Murrieta home or commercial business needs fire damage restoration services, our local team in Murrieta is Here to Help. ® Our technicians are on-call 24-hours a day and will clean and restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 951-894-4392.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.