Storm Evacuation in Murrieta?
If you had to evacuate your home due to a flood, would you know what to do to stay safe when you returned to your home? SERVPRO® of Murrieta responds to storm damage emergencies every year. Here are some tips for staying safe from the Federal Emergency Management Agency:
- Return home only when authorities say it is safe
- Avoid driving except in emergencies
- Wear heavy work gloves, protective clothing, and boots during clean up and use appropriate face coverings or masks if cleaning mold or other debris
- Be aware that snakes or other animals may be in your house
- Be aware of the risk of electrocution. Do not touch electrical equipment if it is wet or if you are standing in water. Turn off the electricity to prevent shock if it is safe to do so.
- Avoid wading in floodwater as it can be contaminated or charged with electricity from downed power lines
- Use a generator or other gasoline-powered machinery ONLY outdoors and away from windows
When your Murrieta home or commercial business needs emergency storm damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Murrieta is Here to Help. ® Our team of highly trained technicians is on call and ready to assist you 24-hours a day. Call us today at 951-894-4392.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.