Smoking Safety Tips for Murrieta?
Do you know that most smoking fires and deaths occur in the home? SERVPRO® of Murrieta responds to fire damage emergencies every year in Murrieta and offer these smoking safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- If you smoke, use only fire-safe cigarettes
- If you smoke, smoke outside. Most deaths result from fires that started in living rooms, family rooms, and dens or in bedrooms.
- Keep cigarettes, lighters, matches, and other smoking materials up high out of the reach of children, in a locked cabinet
Put It Out
- Use a deep, sturdy ashtray. Place it away from anything that can burn.
- Do not discard cigarettes in vegetation such as mulch, potted plants or landscaping, peat moss, dried grasses, leaves, or other things that could ignite easily
- Before you throw away butts and ashes, make sure they are out, and dousing in water or sand is the best way to do that
Never leave charging e-cigarettes unattended. E-cigarettes should be used with caution.
- Battery failures have led to small explosions
- Fires have occurred while e-cigarettes were being used
- While the battery was being charged
- While the device was being transported
Call Us Today!
When your Murrieta Hot Springs home or commercial business needs emergency fire damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Murrieta is Here to Help. ® Our team of highly trained technicians is on call and ready to assist you 24-hours a day. Call us today at 951-894-4392.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.