Storm-Damaged Roof in Murrieta?
SERVPRO® of Murrieta responds to storm damage emergencies every year. If your roof has storm damage, homeowners can choose a high-performing impact-resistant shingle to reduce further damage. If you suspect that your roof has extensive damage from a storm and you need to hire a roofing contractor, the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety encourages you to follow these tips:
Hiring a Roofing Contractor?
- Call your insurance agent first if you believe you need a new roof or repairs because of storm damage
- Get more than one estimate. Never let a contractor pressure you into hiring them.
- Work with only licensed and insured contractors.
- Demand references and check them
- Ask to see the salesperson’s driver’s license, write down the license number and their vehicle’s license plate number
Getting the Work Done
- Get contract terms in writing. Cost, time schedules, payment schedules, guarantees, work to be done, and other expectations should be detailed.
- Never sign a contract with blanks
- Never pay a contractor in full or sign a completion certificate until the work is finished, and ensure reconstruction is up to current code
Call Us Today!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.