Ash Fire in Murrieta Hot Springs?
Our first winter in our home in Murrieta Hot Springs was almost our last. The summer months were hot, and we were looking forward to the cooler winter temperatures. I cleaned the wood-burning stove, and my brother took the ashes outside and dumped them in the garbage can. The ashes still had some live embers in them, and the garbage can and the garage went up in flames!
- Store cooled ashed in a tightly covered metal container, and keep it outside at least ten feet from your home and any nearby buildings
- One in every seven home fires involve heating equipment
- Keep anything that can burn at least three feet from any heat source like fireplaces, wood stoves, radiators, or space heaters
- Keep portable generators outside, away from windows, and as far away from your home as possible.
- Install and test carbon monoxide alarms at least once a month
- Plug only one heat-producing appliance into an electrical outlet at a time
Franchises are independently owned and operated.