Wind Damage in Murrieta?
SERVPRO® of Murrieta has been restoring storm damage in Murrieta for years. Although high winds can cause property damage, there are things homeowners can do to minimize the damage. Here are some wind damage mitigation tips from State Farm Insurance:
- Keep your home firmly anchored in high winds by having anchor bolts with heavy-gauge and square bolt washers installed to connect your floor to the foundation
- Reinforce the rest of the frame by connecting wall and floor components with properly installed plywood or oriented strand board and attach roof trusses or rafters to the walls with metal connectors
- On existing homes, this can be done when replacing siding
- Manufactured homes are more prone to damage from high winds as a result of non-permanent foundations
- Inspect all straps and tie-downs regularly for rust, weakness, or wear and have repairs made immediately
- Install windows rated for the wind speeds in your region
- For the best protection in hurricane-prone areas, install impact-resistant permanent shutters that meet applicable building code approved standards
Call Us Today!
When you need storm damage restoration services for your Murrieta home or commercial business, SERVPRO® of Murrieta has a team of highly trained technicians ready to assist you. Call us today at 951-894-4392. We’ll restore your storm damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.