Monsoonal Moisture in Murrieta?
Last month there were flash flood warnings and thunderstorms in Southern California, and monsoonal moisture affected the region. SERVPRO® of Murrieta responds to storm damage emergencies throughout the year in Murrieta, and offer these helpful tips for staying safe during a thunderstorm from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA):
- When thunder roars, go indoors. A sturdy building is the safest place to be during a thunderstorm.
- Pay attention to weather reports and warnings of thunderstorms. Be ready to change plans, if necessary, to be near a shelter.
- When you receive a thunderstorm warning or hear thunder, go inside immediately
- If indoors, avoid running water or using landline phones. Electricity can travel through plumbing and phone lines.
- Protect your property. Unplug appliances and other electric devices.
- If boating or swimming, get to land and find a sturdy, grounded shelter or vehicle immediately
- If necessary, take shelter in a car with a metal top and sides. Do not touch anything metal.
- Avoid flooded roadways. Turn Around Don’t Drown®. Just six inches of fast-moving water can knock you down, and one foot of moving water can sweep your vehicle away.
When your Murrieta home or commercial business requires storm damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Murrieta has a team of highly trained technicians ready to assist you. Call us today at 951-894-4392. We’ll restore your storm damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.