Cooking Fire in Murrieta Hot Springs?
- Be on alert! If you are sleepy or have consumed alcohol, don’t use the stove or stovetop
- Stay in the kitchen while you are frying, grilling, boiling, or broiling food
- If you are simmering, baking, or roasting food, check it regularly, remain in the kitchen while food is cooking, and use a timer to remind you that you are cooking
- Keep anything that can catch fire - oven mitts, wooden utensils, food packaging, towels, or curtains - away from your stovetop
If you have a cooking fire
- Just get out! When you leave, close the door behind you to help contain the fire
- Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number after you leave
- If you try to fight the fire, be sure others are getting out and you have a clear way out
- Keep a lid nearby when you’re cooking to smother small grease fires. Smother the fire by sliding the lid over the pan and turn off the stovetop. Leave the pan covered until it is completely cooled.
- For an oven fire, turn off the heat and keep the door closed
When your Murrieta Hot Springs home or commercial business requires emergency fire damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Murrieta has a team of highly trained technicians ready to assist you. Call us today at 951-894-4392.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.