Fire Safety Tips for Murrieta Pets?
SERVPRO® of Murrieta mitigates fire damage in Murrieta throughout the year. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), pets or wild animals have a part in starting over 750 home fires per year. The NFPA reports that these fires involve cooking equipment, fireplaces and chimneys, space heaters, lamps, bulbs, wiring, and candles.
Here are some pet safety tips from the NFPA:
- Pets are curious. They may bump into, turn on, or knock over cooking equipment. Keep pets away from stoves and countertops.
- Keep pets away from candles, lamps, and space heaters
- Always use a metal or heat-tempered glass screen on a fireplace and keep it in place
- Keep pets away from a chimney’s outside vents
- Have a “pet-free zone” of at least three feet away from the fireplace. Glass doors and screens can stay dangerously hot for several hours after the fire goes out.
- Consider battery-operated, flameless candles. They can look and smell like real candles.
- Watch pets to make sure they don’t chew through electrical cords. Have any problems checked by a professional?
When your home requires fire restoration services, SERVPRO® of Murrieta has a team of highly trained technicians ready to assist you 24-hours a day. Call us today at 951-894-4392. We’ll restore your fire damage in Murrieta, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Murrieta is Independently Owned and Operated.