Smoke Alarm Safety Tips for Hearing Impaired People in Murrieta Hot Springs
Special Devices Warn of Fire Danger
At SERVPRO® of Murrieta, we respond to many fire damage emergencies each year in Murrieta Hot Springs, and we know how quickly a fire can spread. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), having a good emergency evacuation plan should include installing smoke alarms and testing them monthly to make sure they are working properly.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing may not be able to rely on a traditional smoke alarm. The NFPA offers these safety tips for hearing impaired people:
- Smoke alarms and alert devices are available for people who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Strobe lights that flash when the smoke alarm sounds. The lights warn people of a possible fire
- When people who are deaf are asleep, a pillow or bed shaker can wake them so they can escape. The shaker is activated by the sound of a smoke alarm
- When people who are hard of hearing are asleep, an alert device that uses a loud, mixed, low-pitched sound can wake them. They may find a pillow or bed shaker helpful. These devices are triggered by the sound of the smoke alarm
- Research the products and select the ones that best meet your needs
Call Us Today!
When your Murrieta home or business experiences fire damage, SERVPRO® of Murrieta are ready to respond 24-hours a day. Call us today at 951-894-4392. We’ll clean and restore your fire damage in Murrieta, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Murrieta is Independently Owned and Operated.