Lithium Battery Fire in Murrieta Hot Springs?
Lithium Batteries Can Cause Fire Damage
According to a report published by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, (OSHA), lithium batteries can spontaneously ignite and explode from overheating. Some of the many causes are electrical shorts, overcharging, manufacturer defects, and poor design. When the battery is overheated it causes a chain reaction of events called thermal runaway, that occurs inside the battery when the internal temperature and the pressure rises faster than the energy can be dissipated. Murrieta residents know and trust SERVPRO® of Murrieta to safely restore all kinds of property damage caused by fire and we offer some lithium battery safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Purchase and use devices that are listed by a qualified testing laboratory
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions
- Only use the battery that is designed for the device
- Put batteries in the device the right way
- Only use the charging cord that came with the device
- Do not charge a device under your pillow, on your bed or on a couch
- Keep batteries at room temperature
- Do not place batteries in direct sunlight or keep them in hot vehicles
- Store batteries away from anything that can catch fire
Call Us Today
SERVPRO® of Murrieta is on call and ready to respond to any size fire damage emergency, day or night. Call us today at 951-894-4392. We’ll clean and restore your fire damage in Murrieta “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Murrieta is Independently Owned and Operated.