Burnt Electrical Plug in Murrieta Hot Springs?
Electrical Fire Prevention Tips
Did you know that electrical failures or malfunctions were the second leading cause of home fires between 2012-2016 in the United States? According to the National Fire Protection Association, (NFPA), arcing was the heat source in three out of five home electrical fires. In order to prevent an electrical fire in your home in Murrieta Hot Springs, SERVPRO® of Murrieta offers some safety tips from the NFPA:
- Have all work done by a qualified electrician
- Make sure only one kitchen appliance is plugged into a receptacle outlet at a time
- Major appliances should be plugged directly into a wall receptacle outlet
- Install arc-fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) to shut off electricity when a dangerous condition occurs
- Use ground-fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) to reduce the risk of shock. GFCIs shut off an electrical circuit when it becomes a shock hazard
- Test AFCIs and GFCIs once a month according to the manufacturer’s recommendations
- Check electrical cords to make sure they are not running across doorways or under carpets
- Have a qualified electrician add more receptacle outlets so you don’t have to use extension cords
- Use light bulbs with the right number of watts
Call Us Today
When you experience fire damage, SERVPRO® of Murrieta wants Murrieta Hot Springs residents to know that we can be onsite to begin the cleanup and restoration process in four hours. Call us today at 951-894-4392 to find out about our emergency cleanup and restoration services.
SERVPRO® of Murrieta is Independently Owned and Operated.