Swimming Pool Leaking and Causing Water Damage to Murrieta Hot Springs Home?
Murrieta Hot Springs residents love their pools! Our Murrieta team responds to water damage emergencies every year caused by hidden water leaks. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), a pool leak can weaken your home and pool's foundation and waste hundreds of thousands of gallons of water in one year. Here are some steps from the EPA to tell if your pool is leaking:
- Grab a clear container and a marker
- During the test period, turn off the pool auto-fill, do not manually add water to the pool, and avoid splashing water out of the pool
- Put the container on the pool steps and mark the water level on the outside of the container
- Now, fill the container with pool water up to the mark you just made so the levels match
- Mark the water level inside the container
- Now, wait and give evaporation time to work, usually two to three days. If it rains or is windy, you'll have to perform the test again.
- Place the container on the pool steps. If the water in the pool is lower than the water in the container, you have a leak
- If both the pool level and the container water levels are the same, you do not have a leak
Call Us Today!
When your Murrieta Hot Springs home or commercial business has a water damage emergency, our local team in Murrieta is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 951-894-4392.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.