Indoor Plumbing Systems Maintenance Tips for Murrieta?
Water damage can become a costly repair if the damage is allowed to remain unmitigated for too long. Routine inspection and maintenance of your indoor plumbing systems may help to avoid costly repairs. SERVPRO® of Murrieta offers these tips from the Insurance Information Institute for inspecting indoor plumbing systems:
- Inspect appliance hoses and faucets. Make it a practice every year to check hoses leading to water heaters, dishwashers, washing machines, and refrigerator ice makers. Immediately replace any hoses that have cracks or leaks and replace them all every five to seven years.
- Inspect showers and tubs. Check the seal and caulking around showers and tubs to make sure they are watertight and reseal if necessary.
- When away on vacation, shut off the water supply to the washing machine and never leave the house while the washer or dishwasher is running.
- Know the location of the main water shut-off valve in your home
- Install an emergency pressure release valve in your plumbing system. This will protect against the increased pressure caused by freezing pipes and can help prevent your pipes from bursting.
- Check plumbing and heating pipes. Look closely for cracks and leaks and have any necessary repairs made immediately.
Call Us Today!
When your Murrieta home or commercial business requires emergency water damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Murrieta has a team of highly trained technicians ready to assist you. Call us today at 951-894-4392.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.